Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Module 2 Phonogical Awareness and Phonics
One important thing I gained from chapter 6 is that phonemes monitor the changes that occur in your mouth as you pronounce words (p.111). For example gestures: your lips are closed for /p/, and then your tongue is tapping the roof of your mouth for /t/ also hissing of /s/ or buzzing of /z/ ( p. 111). I also learned from chapter 6 that Spanish and Chinese students' confusion will become apparent when they "segment "English words into phonemes and write letters into representing the phones" (p. 114). Therefore, I realize that these students will benefit from explicit phoneme instruction. Chapter 5 of our book states that "students who have about their ability to learn something are less likely to try to learn it and more likely to give up when they encounter difficulty" (p. 89). Chapter 5 of our book it also says "One of the most important aspects of motivation is self-confidence (also called self-efficacy) (p.89). With this information I know that as a teacher, I will need to have an encouraging atmosphere in my classroom so that students will want to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.