Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Comments on fluency

Reading aloud to children at home also helps with word recognition. It helps my child hear a fluent reader. When she reads she asks me questions like, " Mom how come when I read it does not sound like you do?" I tell her that it takes practice and the more we read at night the better reader she will become. I get books that are on her independent level and books that we pick out at the library. She has five different library cards that she keeps in her purse. I will continue the love for reading with my child as well as the class rooms that I am in. We also use the rereading strategy after we read a difficult book. I hope to let her see that each time we read the book she gains speed as well as comprehension skills.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on reading. Keep on improving her speed and comprehension. Keep on sharing the love of books and the things books can do in her life.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.